Friday, June 29, 2012

Deafening Silence

I pour out my heart
In words and in prose
I am by nature a communicator
A teacher by trade
A writer by passion
I Can't hold what I think
Feel
See
Inside for too long
I am especially vocal
With those I love
I try to warn people about this early on
Because THIS is what I don't want to have happen
Your silence
was heartbreaking
Devastating
Confusing
Infuriating
And
Deafening
But today I finally heard
What you were trying to say
With your silence
It took me months
Of unreturned email
Phone calls
Text messages
Hell I even was tempted to write you a letter to be sent via snail mail
Your Silence
hurts
It will probably hurt for a while
But at least I heard it today
It told me in a loud clear voice
I
Don't
Love
Or
Even
Like
You
Today I was still enough
Quiet enough
Plugged in enough
To hear it
And for that I'm
Thankful
And
Grateful
To have this experience




No comments:

More than

I am not just pussy I am soul food and eye candy  I am the soft sweet voice telling you the things you need but don’t want to hear I a...