Wednesday, March 9, 2011

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS

Hey!!!!!!!!!!
So after almost a year of silence, you may have thought that I would come back to the Bloggersphrere and Recap on the last 10 months of my life, right? Wrong!! My first post will be about Notorious BIG. Yes Biggie *kayne shrug*
The first time I heard his voice was on Party and Bullshit on Hot 97fm and I would be safe in saying it was probably on Funk Master Flex's Show... Didn't know who he was and truthfully didn't care.
In the Summer of 94 while chillin on the Block, yes i did such things, a mean black on black Range Rover Puller up and out hoops Faye. Looking absolutely Fly,per her usual,giving out daps, handshakes, and hugs to the masses. After I got my hug, she chatted it up with those of us whom she knew. "I just got married" she says as we all congratulate her. "here is his C.D coming out.. Its gonna blow." "Wow" "cool for you guys" we mutter half accepting the C.D.. She says her goodbyes and bounces.. Know don't get me wrong the ones gathered in the aftermath of her visit knows that Faith aka Faye is a powerhouse in the pipes department.. I mean this girl can BLOW, but this dude, hmmmmm. We don't know him!!! Whats up with this album cover is that a Baby?! We all disband. The block has clearly seen its excitement for the day. South 11th street and Clinton Ave can be very interesting.. Gun fire interesting..
One Day "unbelievable" comes on the radio.. I hear the Artist name and run to my room to get the CD Faye had given me weeks before.. Sure shit.. there it is.. I put in it in my Walkman, put on my headphones and like many others fall in love with hip/hop all over again.
On 3/9/97 His voice was silenced. No new materiel. just gone. Biggie was The King of the New York. The East Coast champ. He was also a husband, father, and around the way Boy who made good. I still remember vividly the text messages and phones call that started coming in at 6am est.. I couldn't believe it.. I had seen him. Shook the man's hand but didn't know him. I cried for hours after hearing of the news. to the point that you would've thought that I, with my platinum blond hair, was Faye and not just a fan. I trekked my way to the funereal home, saw Faye sing her heart out to her husband, saw Lil Kim act a fool over his casket, and saw all of Brooklyn, all of New York for that matter, sob for this man.
So on today 14 years later, I play my BIG playlist.. think of my younger days with a smile on my face. And write about a man who was cut down too soon.. No scratch that, not too soon, just before alot of folks were ready... GOD'S PLAN IS FLAWLESS NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS

Writing feels good.. I missed it
MUAH

No comments:

More than

I am not just pussy I am soul food and eye candy  I am the soft sweet voice telling you the things you need but don’t want to hear I a...