Thursday, January 21, 2010

Friend Rant

Its amazing to me
how petty women can be
I enjoy my male friends more
Just started to let women in
I have found a few women
to come into my life
that are just AMAZING
and I thank god for them DAILY

But some women
UGH!
they cant get past themselves
to see what really can be
I as a friend dont have to
agree with you
especially when you're wrong
or are doing wrong
I have my own opinion
I dont have to be like you
I, you see, am an individual

We dont have to talk on the phone daily
have lunch everyday together
spend the weekends club hopping
Real bonds
real friendship
doesnt require such things
Not saying those things are bad
or that I dont enjoy them


When You hand out your goodies
like cookies at a day care
I am gonna say that
you are wrong
when your actions dont line up
with your words
and then you complain it
or talk daily
about how your life is not going smoothly
that you are not where you
wanna be
I
as your friend
Have to
need to
goin to
tell you
Hunny You are slippin
in your game.
How can I assist you to fix it?

I am at a point
in my life
where I need to
have to
and deserve to
have friends
who support
nourish
love
and are honest with themselves
so they can do the same with me

I was recently reconnected with my childhood BFF
She made me remember that folks come into my life
for a reason
season
or lifetime
I appreciate her and the small group of women
that I have been blessed with
I am thankful for my God for showing folks to me
and loving the lessons/experince that they have brought
into my Life
and I am grateful to be given the chance to reevaluate
who is in my life
and how long they get to stay

No comments:

More than

I am not just pussy I am soul food and eye candy  I am the soft sweet voice telling you the things you need but don’t want to hear I a...